Tuesday, September 18, 2012

The Blog

I'd like to start by taking some time to explain what this blog is going to be about.  I'm a new dad, my son, Oliver, is about 4 months old now.  I've learned a lot of information in that time, and I continue to learn more each day.  So what I want to do here is pass on some of the hard-earned knowledge that I've come by, relate some amusing stories, and talk about what it means to work full time and be a full time dad.

So, a little more about me and my family to start with.  My name is Thomas, then there's my fiancee Jessi, our son, Oliver, and our dog Yoshimi.  Jessi and I grew up in the midwest and moved to Austin, Texas, a few months before Oliver was born.  Needless to say, there was a lot of change to deal with in a short amount of time.  Fortunately for Oliver (and Jessi) I'm a pretty quick learner so I got through the basics of fatherhood pretty quick.  I am both a nerd and a foodie.  When I'm not working, or taking care of Oliver, I'm generally either cooking, watching or reading some Sci-fi material, or just messing around on my computer.  My favorite sport is soccer and I follow the Premier League side Chelsea rather intently (Go Blues).  I think that's enough about me for now.

Jessi and I are both DIY and environmentally minded, so it's also likely you'll see some projects or recipes posted on here occasionally, particularly things that have to do with infants and toddlers as time goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment