Thursday, August 29, 2013

I'm back!

So I took a little break from this blog (ok, maybe close to a year), but I'm back now and hoping to post regularly again.

So, quick recap of what you missed:

Oliver is 1 now, he walks, says a few words, and is generally a lot more lively and interesting than he was 10 months ago.  By more interesting, I mean now I get to start teaching him things like words, and waving hello, and, perhaps most importantly, how to kick a ball.  Words are important too, but honestly, dad will never get to vicariously live out his sporting dreams if you don't know how to play.

In all sincerity though, he is one of the happiest babies I've ever met.  He's always running this way and that, and always with a big grin on his face.  Unless he's 'hangry,' he gets that from his mom, SHH.  

Speaking of food, it's been hard keeping him on the diet we'd like.  We have won some major food battles though.  For starters, he actually seems to enjoy eating broccoli, carrots, peas, sweet potato, and edamame.  So while we're still working on expanding his vegetable pallet, we do have some good healthy standbys to get something into him.  This was also made easier by our recent purchase of a juicer.  I can sneak Kale and Chard, along with other veggies into a Blueberry or Apple juice which he loves.

On a more general note, the family and I moved back to Michigan to be closer to family and to make going back to college easier on the budget.  While getting up here was quite the ordeal (two 26 hour drives in two weeks), the wife and I are happy to be back, and Oliver seems to be enjoying the extra attention.

So there's your quick update, and I hope to have more posts up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment